Over the last year (at least) I’ve been talking about the dangers of surveillance capitalism. Stephen Haggard picked up on this and, after an email conversation, sent through an audio provocation for disucssion.
If you’d like to join this discussion, feel free to comment on this microcast, or reply with your own thoughts in audio or text format in a part of the web under your control!
- Behind the One-Way Mirror: A Deep Dive Into the Technology of Corporate Surveillance (EFF)
- The Age of Surveillance Capitalism: The Fight for a Human Future at the New Frontier of Power (Shoshana Zuboff)
- Zeugma and syllepsis (Wikipedia)
- General Data Protection Regulation (Wikipedia)
- Hierarchy Is Not the Problem (Richard D. Bartlett)
- Instead of breaking up big tech, let’s break them open (Redecentralize)
Image cropped and rotated from an original by Tim Gouw